Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Sons First Emergency Room Visit




So today was the first visit to the emergency room. Ronin was walking towards me and tripped he hit the ground and somehow managed to cut open his jaw. All this right in fron of my eyes. No matter how close you watch your kids it seems like the worse accidents happen when they are right in front of you.

At first I didn't think it was serious but then when I saw the blood gushing out I knew it was not going to be good. Of course I tried doing the direct pressure thing but you know how kids are Ronin was not having it. As he kept crying and moving his jaw more blood just gushed out.

In panic I called 911 cause I didnt know what to do so we had the fire department come out and they helped me stop the bleeding. Because of the size of the cut they said Ronin needed to go to the emergency room but it would be a lot less of stress if I drove him in his car seat in our car.
So we did and my mom knowing that I love pictures quicly said grab the camera. So I did.

In the car ride to the hospital I snapped a photo....firefighters helped me clean him up a little before we put him in the car.


So when we got to the hospital things were just not moving fast enough for me but eventually it was that time after lots of screaming, crying and 4 people of holding Ronin down for the 4 stitches that needed to be done. They had to tie him down to one of those boards for kids which it still took 4 people to hold down because of how strong Ronin is. Every time someone tried to look at the cut Ronin got upset and kept of crying and irritating the cut more and caused it to bleed. At one point I remember his chest just covered in blood as he was crying and the nurses were trying to tie him down. That was the worse moment ever.


This is the board they tied him down to.


After the stitches we were all tired. My mom took a snapshot of me and Ronin.




Of course I had to take a picture of the cut before the Dr. stitched it up so click here if you want to see it but I do warn you its kind of grouse.

After some waiting in the room to be discharged my mom and my husband even got him to smile.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, that must have been so hard for you! I can't imagine what you were going through - especially when they were tying him down. I, apparently, did the same thing when I was a baby - and they had to tie me down as well. My dad tells me that he had sweat just dripping off of him. I can't imagine how tough that is to go through as a parent.

Well - Ronin now is a member of the scar club. And that area is so vulnerable, especially for kids. Heck, I have two scars on my chin. But for him, it'll be pretty cool in a couple of years - you know, a battle scar.

Unknown said...

What a scare! I know how it feels to rush to the ER. Unfortunately, I've been there once with Aiyana & Aiden once as well. I'm glad that Ronin is okay.